Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtek Wireless Problem

• Please log in to reply

Jason8447

Jason8447

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay i have a RTL8185 for my wireless card. I have had the computer for about a year and always used windows to configure my wireless connections, however, i just reformatted my laptop and the Realtek Wireless LAN utility pops up, obviously configuring my connections for me. This program is crap and i lose my connection every 20mins or so when i use it, a problem I didnt have when i used XP to configure my settings. So i disabled the utility, now i have "no wirless networks in range," which is crap, b/c when i use the utility i have plenty of wirless networks in range. Also before reformatting I had plenty of wireless networks in range. Now in the connection properties i clicked the "let windows configure my connections" radio button, and my wireless doesnt connect nor do i see any wireless networks...at the same time i can put in a known SSID and connect no problem, i just cant see any wireless networks in range.

Any IDEA?

Advertisements