Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sapphire HD 2600XT AGP

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
A friend of mine is offering to give me his Sapphire HD 2600XT AGP video card and will be bringing it down in a few days from out of state. I have been looking at the specs for this card and am very happy with what I see except I've been unable to find out what the core speed is for the card. I have looked at Sapphire's website directly and found the card there. The link is:

http://www.sapphiret...r...d=179&grp=2

There's a lot of information provided about the card here, but I didn't find anything about the core clock speed. Any ideas?

Also, is core clock speed the same thing as memory clock speed?

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

No, it is not.

It seems that the core clock speed of this card is 800mhz. Now that I've told you it, please don't use it for any comparison purposes. Clock speeds are not a good indicator of how well a GPU will perform. For example, the fastest consumer GPU available, the GTX 295, has a core clock speed of 576mhz.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

No, it is not.

It seems that the core clock speed of this card is 800mhz. Now that I've told you it, please don't use it for any comparison purposes. Clock speeds are not a good indicator of how well a GPU will perform. For example, the fastest consumer GPU available, the GTX 295, has a core clock speed of 576mhz.

Thank you for the reply. Might I ask where you found the core clock speed for this video card? I searched and searched and was unable to find it.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Well, you are definitely right that this information wasn't easy to find.

The first thing I did was see that the HIS 2600XT had a core clock speed of 800mhz (source). Thus, assuming that both cards ran at reference speeds, the Sapphire version should also have a core clock speed of 800mhz.

To be sure, I googled "sapphire 2600XT AGP core clock" and got the following evidence to support my 800mhz theory.

The 3D is still at 800MHz

Look for seven lines in BIOS where 800MHz/700MHz/1.20V values are set

Core Clock: 800 MHz

So, I guess there's no "authoritative" source saying that the core clock speed is definitely 800mhz, but I feel pretty confident in telling you that it is, considering the evidence I found.

Edited by stettybet0, 15 February 2009 - 12:48 PM.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Well, you are definitely right that this information wasn't easy to find.

The first thing I did was see that the HIS 2600XT had a core clock speed of 800mhz (source). Thus, assuming that both cards ran at reference speeds, the Sapphire version should also have a core clock speed of 800mhz.

To be sure, I googled "sapphire 2600XT AGP core clock" and got the following evidence to support my 800mhz theory.

Core Clock Speed: 800 MHz

The 3D is still at 800MHz

Look for seven lines in BIOS where 800MHz/700MHz/1.20V values are set

Core Clock: 800 MHz

So, I guess there's no "authoritative" source saying that the core clock speed is definitely 800mhz, but I feel pretty confident in telling you that it is, considering the evidence I found.

Hey, thanks for your efforts. The information helps me feel good about giving this card a try in my computer.