Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Some Help Please

• Please log in to reply

markiemark2006

markiemark2006

• Pip
  • 1 posts
im looking for some help... i know a fairly large amount about computers so it shouldnt be hard to help me.. however i am stumped.. im on my parents computer i stopped home to help them out.. they were having a problem with their mouse not running... i figured either it was some type of virus or spyware..

the mouse occassionally works on and off i tried going thru the process list on Windows Task Manager and im not really seeing anything weird.. nothing really running at high CPU... I run weekly tests with windows defender and have it on full system scan... It has found nothing..

i am currently running microsoft windows malicious softwar removal.. i dont think theres anything that serious tho..

Ill figure out how to fix the mouse but my real question is... I was looking at the desktop closely and at the top left HIDDEN in the corner was a blue dot.. I pulled the blue dot down to reveal a vertical Blue bar thats very thin maybe a cm wide... the blue bar interacts with the mouse (if you click the desktop it shades out, if you click on it it brightens) but i checked Windows TM and nothing is on the application window... also the vertical bar has what looks like a :t in it hard to tell because i cant make it bigger or smaller and i cannot close it only click on and off of it.. im geuss this has something to do with the mouse problem..
____
| |
| | this is similar to what the blue bar looks like but only much smaller
||:t||
|___|

im sorry if any typos or bad grammer... its late and i dont have a mouse and hitting the tab key is a pain :)

if you could please help it would be greatly apreciated thanks

mark

Advertisements