Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WD MY BOOK External Hard Drive Data Recovery

• Please log in to reply

Quaddity

Quaddity

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm having a problem with the data on my 750GB WD MyBook external drive. My computer for the most part doesn't recognize the drive. I have tried restarting my computer and plug/unpluging it. It doesn't show up under "my computer", and nothing pops up when I plug it in. The only place on my whole computer where I can get it to somewhat recognize the drive is under disk managment. Here is what it looks like when I try to find it.

http://i16.photobuck...ssedupcomp2.jpg
http://i16.photobuck...essedupcomp.jpg

I also have another Mybook and it's 1T, it is showing up as disk 2, so you can ignore that one, my 750 is the one I'm having issues with.
I have removed the drive from the casing and put into a SATA HDD USB docking station to see if something happened to the wiring of the WD MY BOOK. The drive is still spinning and there are no unusual clicking sounds.

I have tried the program GetDataBack and it could find the drive, but was getting errors reading it, though I am not really sure if I am using the program right. I have also tried Un-Delete Files, HandyRecovery, and SpinRite, and none of them could even pick up the drive.

I have alot of data on that drive that is very important to me and I would really like to get it back. My 1T is completely empty so I could transfer all of my files to that one. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any suggestions you may have for me would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah

Advertisements