A. @ PC Start:
1. Only after about 20 minutes I'm able to open ...say.. "my computer" icon. Untill that time passes, that flashlight appears in the middle of the window and that's all.
2. When boot, HDD operates with 2 long pauses about 3-4 minutes long (untill I can ...say... visualize "My computer" window contain - "moment 1")Meanwhile - my taskbar is totally inoperative showing only the sandals.
3. From "moment 1" described above - it takes about 1 hour and my commands begin to be unresponded (not executed). "moment 2"
4. From "moment 2" described above - it only takes about 20 minutes for the machine to be totally unoperative, although things like mail client can be access in real time and mails can be read at "normal CPU behaviour". This is odd.
5. Another thing is that USB pnp devices are not recognized right-a-way, only if PC is started ..say about.. since 30 minutes ago or so. Afterwards USB pnp devices are "seen" by PC only after a while, although there is a bit of HDD activity the moment the device is plugged in.
6. After the devices are "seen", they operate normally, but if unplugged and then re-plugged, they rarely are identified again, normally only after a restart.
7. If I only use Internet explorer to navigate, it takes a longer time before system becomes unstable.
8. Volume icon rarely shows on taskbar, but it just cannot be accessed if clicked upon. Battery meter shows mostly one icon, either batt 0% crossed icon, or AC power ON icon, even if I unplug supply power connector. I only can modify volume this way: Start - run - sdnvol32.
B. @ PC Shutdown:
1. I click Start - Shutdown, but shutdown option window is not poping up. Again, only sandals shows forever. Then Ctrl+Alt+Del, then shutdown or restart from the menu - pc begins to end tasks, but then it stops at different non-responsive executables involving PC's Battery (it's a laptop), and/or other non responsive programms.
1. Usually I shut it down or restart it from the power botton, cause otherwise it takes an eternity, and that's not good.
I scanned computer with every online scanner possible, I reinstalled Windows (but not clean - meaning on the old intallation, without formatting drive), Anti-malware scanners, No-Adware type of scanners, bootable cds HDD scanners from various sources, Spybot S&D, Microtrend....., I cannot remember them all.. NOD32, Malwarebytes, tried all different kinds of registry keys for taskbar, hide unhide items on it -settings - didn't work, tried TaskBarRepairTool Plus, and a lot others. Some identified some driver problems, or driver attacking type of malware and so, desinfect them, but after a restart, problems are there all over again like nothing happend. And another scan with same tool didn't identify anything anymore.
I used Avenger to clean some files at startup, CCcleaner to clear temporary files and prefetch files and had no succes with all of that.
One thing only gave me hope. One of these: WindowsXP-KB956803-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB954211-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB957095-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB958644-x86-ENU.exe, not sure which one of them, but definitly one of those security updates, after an automatic restart of the computer, totally anihilated any malware activity. My computer started well, my taskbar was functional even from the first minute after boot, volume icon was there, accesible and perfectly functional, battery icon too, and all systems were running smoothly again. It felt like a dream
..but only untill the next restart (shutdown option windows appeared, it shut down just fine), but then disaster striked. Things were exactly as before, nothing was changed. Same problem all over again.
Other stuff: my sistem restore service - I disabled it. Desinstalling same security updates again and reinstalling didn't help. The security updates were manually downloaded from microsoft site. Automatic downloads are not allowed while this "THING" is active, although sometimes automatic updates icon appear on taskbar, but always showing: "downloading updates 0%"