Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sorting out my system

• Please log in to reply

itchy

itchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hmnn, I was just declared virus free on these forums less than a week ago.

I guess I've been reinfected or something was missed or whatever, but the problem with restarting and DirectX probably cannot be from an infection - being that I have now been declared fully virus free on the malware forums twice now over the last six months, without it helping my two problems in any way.

Would you have any other suggestions beyond the infection route, I've just done all that lol.

Well, I'll start repeating all that stuff anyway, can't hurt to have my system free of infection.

Bah, nobody anywhere seems to have even a guess at how to fix my problems, its looking like I might just have to throw out this demented old comp and get a new one that works. :)
Is there such a thing as a computer simply getting old and irreparably crazy?

Thanks anyway, I'll try cleaning out my system again.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your computer may be due for clean install. I'd back up all data, and go for it.

itchy

itchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Ok dude, I'll whack everything I need onto some memory sticks and reinstall the whole shebang.

Thanks!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Sure thing :)