Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie in need of help

• Please log in to reply

dex

dex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Im having problems returning my network connections back to how they were Before i tried to make a shared home network with my laptop to a desktop,
they both run on windows xp and after unsuccesfully trying to make a network
so that i can transfer files from pc to pc, I think im just going to buy a pc to pc serial cable.My host laptop still shows a dial up connection when i open network connections but it says shared and my guest desktop only shows a lan or highspeed internet, no dial up. How do I remove the network that i had put up and make them so that there both seperate dial up connections?

Ps:I should of just left them alone.
Thanks for any help

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
What type of router/hub do you have? If you want to share an internet connection such as highspeed you should get a wireless router and use that for your pc and if your laptop is able to, use it to get a wireless connection to your pc, if you just want to file share, you can pick up a cheap usb hub and plug it into that which will connect the 2 computers