Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Laptop Freezing

• Please log in to reply

concertmaster3

concertmaster3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I'm having an odd issue. More and more lately, my laptop has been freezing (actually froze once while I was creating an account here.). Not sure what to do next, the tech guys here at my school didn't know the issue, so hopefully we can find one here. It normally starts with a "clicking" sound, and then my computer freezes, and shows the "blue screen of death". Often times, it proceeds to also tell me that there is no hard dive and/or no operating system (included a screen shot of that). I've run the stuff you had on the main page, and IntelBurnTest and another HD Diag, and both say it's fine (when it finds the hard drive). I've also done a system restore of my OS and that didn't solve any problems either...only creating more with various viruses, malware, etc., that I've hopefully gotten rid of most if not all of with the other procedures listed on the website.

Hope that you can find the issue!! Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 0206092342.jpg

Advertisements