Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont start

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi wizzy2k5.

No problem, but because of this statement

no i mean i cant get my computer to find an internet connection, i am trying to run the computer i am working on off of the router that is hooked up this computer i am on right now. but i cannot get it to find my connection, it keeps trying to dial up.

, I am confused.

He should clarify for us.

Advertisements

Whiteboy419

Whiteboy419

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi sry guys for the confusion, let me try to clear this up. I have this computer that i am on right now, everything works fine, it is the main computer in the household. the linksys router is hooked to this computer. (Computer 2 as you refered to it as) The other computer (computer 1) is the one that has a fresh installation of windows and no drivers. Computer 1 i am trying to run off of the router that is hooked to computer 2 (and of course the modem)

So what i am doing now is downloading WinAudit onto "Computer 2" then burning the files to a disk, and installing those files onto "Computer 1", then running WinAudit and it will tell me what is in the computer so i will know what drivers to get?

Whiteboy419

Whiteboy419

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok ive run into another problem, i cant get my disk drive to burn the file. wen i put the disk in my drive it says D:/ is not accessable Incorrect Function.

I can burn music files with i tunes tho, i dont understand what is wrong. but i do not have a usb card to do the transfer with so i have to get this fixed before i can continue. can anybody help??

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Suggestions...

USB External Hard drive ( these programs are only small and do not require a lot of available space/data )

USB Flash Drive... Does not need to be a huge flash drive ( Only cost 10 - 15 AUD for a 2GB , that should be sufficent )

Considering that you are from the US , Should be able to snap one up real cheap lol

BTW: in these desperate times , i suggest buying a USB flash drive :) , Should do the trick...

Best of luck!!!

Anthony19

PS: Floppy not available ???

Edited by Anthony19, 16 February 2009 - 01:52 AM.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

So what i am doing now is downloading WinAudit onto "Computer 2" then burning the files to a disk, and installing those files onto "Computer 1", then running WinAudit and it will tell me what is in the computer so i will know what drivers to get?

Correct, when running WinAudit look for your motherboard make and model and then you will need to download the drivers for that motherboard. If you have any extra pci cards installed you will also need to download the drivers for them.

Regards