Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

completly removing "ahsan virus" effects

• Please log in to reply

mahr

mahr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

i was searching for solution on the internet but could not find exact one. last night a friend of mine was working on my laptop after that he attached his usb flash drive. i have AVG antivirus, it scanned the drive and found 1 threat and removed it i don't know which one was it. then he opend his usb drive contents in explorer and "foolishly" executed "home video avi.exe" file (saying where did this come from? :) ). game over, ahsan virus is here, i immediately tookover and ran scanner but no avail, then i ran windows defender and opened software explorer in it. it showed "home video avi.exe" in currently running processes. (by the way i was/am unable to open taskmanager). I disabled that process and also removed it using win defender. my cmd and regedit are/were working so i opened regedit and removed all crap names like G. W. Bush and Ahsan, so good news is my computer and recyclebin and internet explorer are working fine, bad news is that system is still behaving suspiciously, my task manager is not working, EDP stops it everytime i try to run it with an error message. I searched my computer for system.exe, home video avi.exe, but could not find any. Also to mention that my folder options are working fine and i can see hidden and system files as well. I can also install any new software including antiviruses.

What i think? i think the virus was not copied completly may be some part of it was removed by AVG when flash drive was attached. I tried using RRT tool but it shows only two checkbox options all other options are disabled and can't be selected. so i was unable to fix taskmanager using RRT tool, if i missed something or didn't do it correctly then let me know.

Why did i choose this forum? i guess this will explain http://www.geekstogo...on-t182300.html that idiot lamer was here asking for help in virus creation,

I am looking forward for help and greatly appriciate your suggestions...

-
Adil Imran Raza

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi Adil,

The person that asked for help creating a virus was banned from these forums.
If you need help removing malware, please start here