Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sony Viao notebook startsup loads and goes black

• Please log in to reply

Duper_David

Duper_David

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm haveing some problems with my sony viao notebook the description is below

Notebook Model #: PCG-GRT170

The problem I'm having is that when i turn on my notebook it starts up and it would go to the windows load screen and what happens is right after it loads it just goes black screen you can sorta see that the screen is on yet its a black screen the monitor is in perfect condition, My question is how would i be able to restore it or what can be the possible problems that im having..

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
How are things in Safe Mode?

Duper_David

Duper_David

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its the fact that i cant go into safe mode or anything all it does is start up and say viao then it automaticlly goes to windows xp load up doesnt say like f8 for boot menu or anything well it also doesnt show the motherboard in the start up or anything..

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Do you keep tapping F8 key right away, when the computer starts?