Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I am looking for software that I can rip songs and/or videos from places like youtube or something.

Sometimes when I go to a web page, I wanna get a copy of a video or just the music/sound from something.

Does anyone know of someway to get and save this info?

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,915 posts
  • MVP
We can't help you with this. It violates Youtube's Terms of Service and we will not assist in that. From their TOS:

Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. YouTube reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.

You may access User Submissions for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the YouTube Website. You shall not copy or download any User Submission unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the YouTube Website for that User Submission.

This is probably true on other sites as well. It's your responsibility to read and follow the Terms of Service on any site that you are a member of.

This topic is closed.