Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc auto restart with a serious error

• Please log in to reply

zhi cong

zhi cong

• Pip
  • 7 posts
(my english maybe a little poor,so i may have made plenty grammar mistakes.i apologize here 1st.)

when i am in the middle of something(mostly when in the middle of games), the com just auto restart.A box pop out saying windows just recovered from a serious error after restarted.In fact, i had been undergoing this problem for a long time. However, i formatted my pc recently and upgraded the ram(added 1G ram, initial ram was 480+-).After 1 week,this problem come back again.This time only restart when im playing games(mostly on9 games).The following are the error details.

Error signature
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF16565E BCP3 : B2CE49FC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

Error Report Contents
C:\DOCUME~1\Khong\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8c04.dir00\Mini021509-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Khong\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8c04.dir00\sysdata.xml

**(i hv updated the error details after downloaded service pack 3.thank you for help.)

i had read a similar case. Its problem is registry keys crush during an installation of a program.Is there anyways to detect which file is causing such errors?

i hv done essential pre-requirements b4 posting the hijackthis logfile.

i am not sure whether the posting procedure is correct. i apologize if i had did something wrong.

here is the hijackthis logfile:

thank you for spending ur precious time reading this and helping me.

Edited by zhi cong, 15 February 2009 - 06:02 PM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

zhi cong

zhi cong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
rorschach112, i had done every requirements in the malware removal guide b4 posting the topic. im sry if i had posted the topic in the wrong category.Since i saw plenty similar cases with similar error signature in the operating system forum, i posted the topic here.Anyway, i think i hv solved the problem after cleaning some registry key that have "problems" using ccleaner. At least, i dint experienced any auto restart since i "clean" with ccleaner. The following are the backup registry keys in note pad form:

Attached File  fixed_registry_key.txt   21.5KB   531 downloads

Thanks for everyone attention of my problem. Sry if u had wasted ur precious time on this. I appreciate ur sincere help.

Lastly, may i ask some questions? should i edit the tittle with [resolved] at behind of the words? what if i experienced the auto restart problem again (maybe the problem is not fixed)? then should i reopen this topic or post another new at malware removal forum?

Edited by zhi cong, 16 February 2009 - 06:56 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I would recommend you still post your HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum so we can be sure its gone

zhi cong

zhi cong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ok.thanks.