Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unwanted shortcuts on my desktop[CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

berryhuggs

berryhuggs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Can someone help me with unwanted shortcuts on my desktop. I tried to delete them but the reappear. There kinda [bleep] related :tazz: and its kinda embarrasing. I've tried everything. I have downloaded ad-adware, sbc yahoo anti spy, mcafee scan for viruses, and zone something. i don't remember. Please help.

Berryhuggs.

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log here.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless AND essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

berryhuggs

berryhuggs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I can't open the link. :tazz:

berryhuggs

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Are you receiving some kind of error message?

Which link? The link to HiJackThis or the link to the Guide?

berryhuggs

berryhuggs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm clicking on the guide. Nothing pops up. It doesn't do anything. Other stuff is happening now. A microsoft window security warning keeps poping up saying that my windows is corrupted with a spyware virus. When i sign on it doesn't take me to my homepage takes me somewhere else. The icons keep losing their pictures and come back. I could be writting an email and it takes me to a website i didnt want to go to. A mcafee window comes up saying i have a virus. I run the scan it doesnt show anything. I'm super lost. Please help.

Berryhuggs.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
go to the first page of this forum and click on "you must read this before posting a HiJackthis log", then download HiJackThis and post the log here.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.