Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you stop installation in progress ms office 2007

• Please log in to reply

cm1

cm1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I started the MS office 2007 installation and when it got to the checking configuration point (I think that is what it said) it looked like my coputer had frozen up. I reset the computer and now when I tried to reinstall I get a window that says a previous installation is in progress, cancel or retry. Retry gives the same message. How do I terminate the first installation attempt? any ideas.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi cm1,

I would advise to use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Download and run the utility as an administrator or while logged in with an account that has admin privileges.
Then select the programs that you want in the Installed Products list in the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box.
In this case the Office 2007 install that was incomplete.
After you make this selection, the utility removes only Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs.

If you use this utility to remove Windows Installer configuration information for your program and you plan to reinstall the program, you should reinstall the program in the same folder where you originally installed it.

Regards,