Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows boots to black screen with mouse arrow showing

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Good day, When I boot windows xp it goes through all the motions and get to the loading screen ( the scroll) and you get the hour glass like it going into windows but you end up with a black screen. The mouse arrow is there and not frozen. The is a MSI board with a Sata drive. I can't boot into safe because i get the same issue. I tried swapping video cards, memory and even moved the hard drive to a different Sata slot. I did a hard drive error test it showed OK. I tried a repair install and booted up to the same black screen. I even tried a PCI video card.Is there anything I missed. With this issue I don't want to waste time formatting because I think it is a hardware issue. What do you guys think. Picky

Advertisements