Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Q6600 2.4 GH Voltages

• Please log in to reply

Relemar

Relemar

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hello, I run a Q6600 2.4 GHz on stock cooling and at stock speed. On idle I run about 44C which is pretty [bleep] hot for idle (surely it should be lower even with stock cooling)

The current voltage is 1.1 and it's stable, can I get it lower to reduce my temperatures? I want good performance and good temperatures, Im a gamer you see and make a lot of videos and encode and RIP things.

Please reply and assist me with this matter.

PS: I want stability, performance and better temperatures (possible?)

Regards

Edited by Relemar, 15 February 2009 - 02:33 PM.

Advertisements

Relemar

Relemar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
;/?

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Is all the Intel Speed Step / Throttling on in the bios?? Because if it is, well on some boards it will change the voltage dynamically.

And well 41c is warm, It shouldn't be determental to the computer. My C2D system runs at 47c @ idle and 55-60 @ load. But I've also overclocked my system by 1.05ghz from stock. And my voltages are at 1.3 or 1.4 volts.

But IIRC you don't want to under volt a system just like you don't want to over volt it. You can always put on a new HSF for it, and it should lower temps. Another thing you can try if you want it lap the HS and CPU. There are some reports that have lowered the temps by as much as 10 c if not more. Just google Heat sink lapping tutorial to understand it.

HTH Jon