Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random crashing with Bsod

• Please log in to reply

vatolsk

vatolsk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
EVGA GeForce 9800 GX2 KO

Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate

Thermaltake W0106RU 700W power supply

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB)

MSI P7N Diamond LGA 775

I get random crashes with this Bsod error message (occasionally) "a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

Things that provoke a crash are movement of large files, virus scans, vista updates, and most games
this is getting to be a headache... iv tried so many things and looked so many places for answers xD
the computer seems to run smoother in safe mode. the only thing i can really do is run a long virus scan but it only seems to have crashed once.

There was a guy with a very similar problem, i would even say the same one if we had the same motherboard. (http://www.velocityr...sor-within.html)

Things i have tried:
  • I Reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled vista
  • Tried other hard drives
  • Cleared the cmos before reinstalling
  • Tried a different video card
  • Got my cpu replaced with a brand new one
  • Sent my mother board to be replaced (they sent back the same one saying that there was nothing wrong but, i almost don't be leave them xD)
  • Done extensive memory tests
  • Adjusted the bios settings for my ram
  • Used a single stick of ram rather then both
  • updated all drivers
Things i'm going to try soon:
replacing the PSU

things i can't try:
a different motherboard
a 32 bit os and cpu

I need any help i could get xD msi tech support blows

Advertisements