Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have Trojan virus; computer won't start

• Please log in to reply

3artemis

3artemis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

Let me begin by saying what a great site this is. It has helped me in the past. Unfortunately I am infected again. Last night I was surfing the internet on Mozilla Firefox and noticed that additional windows were being opened without being prompted by me. They were for various things, online colleges, ebay pages, etc. I ran Trend Micro and saw that I had a trojan virus. I believe the file it was in was something like C:windows/system32/fjhllrp (I am working from memory on this, that will be explained in a moment). It could not clean the file or quarantine it. I referred to Geekstogo.com as I have in the past. I went though the malware removal guide and installed the FixIEDef as it told me to do. The log said that it cleaned everything, but the trojan virus was still coming up in Trend Micro. Trend Micro was bringing up a box every few seconds that said that the trojan was scanning my computer right then and there. I then went to the page "you must read this before posting a hijack this log" and got to step 4, to reboot. Let me back up a little first, though. When I got to the part in which I was to install and run the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, I installed it and scanned my computer. 26 files were infected. I elected to "remove selected" as the guide told me to. The program told me it could not remove all files and so it would need to try to remove them upon reboot. There was an area to click "yes" or "no", but I didn't see a question in which to answer. I assumed it was asking if I wanted to reboot now and so I clicked yes. My computer turned off, started up again, but before Windows booted, my computer turned off again. It did this about 8 times before I finally just held down the power button to keep it off. Now I am scared that I deleted a file I needed to start the computer. I still have the election to press F11 for recovery but at this point I do not know what I am doing. I would prefer not to lose everything on my computer, and I see there is an option to back up, but I am not sure if this is the best thing to do since I don't want to back up a virus along with all my files. I did create a system restore point as the guide told me to do so I am wondering if there is someway to restore my computer to that point through the command prompts? Any help is much appreciated. I cannot get virus off until i can get my computer started back up. Thank you!

~Theresa

Advertisements