Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Hardware/Software for Advertising

• Please log in to reply

freik

freik

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi all,
So my parents came to me and asked if they could get this set up. They own a grocery store and they want to put up a monitor that will rotate ads/specials that are going on. The ads will probably be images and will definitely not have any videos playing. They are not concerned about sound at all either. At this point, they are looking into getting only one display going as it is not that big of a grocery store. What do you think would be the best way to go about doing this for the lowest price possible? Any specific software/hardware I should look into?

I was thinking maybe I could get a large LCD monitor and just use it as a secondary monitor while running a PowerPoint slideshow on it. We do have an old XP laptop laying around which could possibly be used for this.

Does anyone know if there is a better way? Any suggestions on how to handle more than one display at different parts of the building?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
What about a inexpensive CD player hooked up to a small TV. I believe that would allow you to run a coax cable to the TV as a output and also be able to split the cable in the future for another in the store.
You would most likely have to use pictures and burn them to a CD. You could leave the cd as an open session so you can add the following weeks ads (or whenever the change is).