Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't change work group name

• Please log in to reply

SDakota

SDakota

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have xp home with service pack 2 installed
I can not change the work group name it tells me i must install networking to change the computers domain membership.
I don't want to be in a domain I simply want to be in a workgroup and change the workgroup from time to time.

I also can not use the function View workgroup computers the pc simply doesn't respond to that request :tazz:

Advertisements

Carling999

Carling999

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi
I also have problems to View workgroup computers when we have LAN and the only thing that we know that helps is to shut down the firewall (probably it's just to change some settings in the firewall :tazz: ) but it's easier to just shut down the whole thing (we don't have internet on our LAN ;) )