Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I get ""error 1327 Invalid drive k:\"" in 3

• Please log in to reply

FangioTheCat

FangioTheCat

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I am new to this forum and could not find an immediate reply while browsing the existing topics.

I got this Error 1327 Invalid drive k:\ (we have no drive K) when I tried to install a webcam on my Wnidosw XP; di dresearch and understood I need Servive Pack 2, which I could not install because computer tlls me I do not need it. I gave up

So today, I get the same error 1327 message while I want to install Google Earth (the application is already downloaded but will not install) AND also when I tried to uninstal an older version of Ad-Ware from Lavasoft (told me my version is 416 days old !!! when I want to update , it is impssible but this is another story).

3 times the same error starts to get me on my nerves !!!!!!!! our computer is 7 years old, might that be part of the problem?

thank you for your help

FangioTheCat

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
SP2 is very critical update, and it should be installed on every XP computer.

which I could not install because computer tlls me I do not need it

Post exact message, you're getting.
I assume, you have to be weeeeeell behind all Windows updates.

FangioTheCat

FangioTheCat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks Broni for your quick reply. I feel I wil like this forum :) ,
I'll try the SP2 tomorrow and post you the message; it was something like""... do not not need it since you have blablabla already ..."" . Bye

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
You have SP3 ???

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

it was something like""... do not not need it since you have blablabla already ...""

blablabla won't help us to help you :)

FangioTheCat

FangioTheCat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi ,
I have SP3 indeed.
I wanted to downlaod SP2 via the microsoft website, but first did the Run/Winver test as they advise; surprise :) ... I have "" Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp blablabla -yep, again - ..... Service Pack 3) ""
What can I do now ? Do you still have to know what message I did get or is knowing that I have SP3 enough to help me ?
Thanks

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
If you have SP3 installed, then you don't need SP2.