Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help in removing Troj/rustok-n, zlob trojan and/or Inhoster!

• Please log in to reply

Wonderbread0013

Wonderbread0013

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I desperately need your help in removing some viruses from my computer. I know I have the Troj/Rustok-N virus on my computer because some websites have told me I do and tried to get me to download antivirus software. My school's network has kicked me off of it and told me I have a zlob trojan / Inhoster virus. One or all of these are preventing me from updating any of my antivirus software and visiting the antivirus web sites to download the definition files to manual install. Recently I have been redirected to various websites that I had no intention on visiting. I'm not sure if this is related, but since I realized I had these viruses on my computer, my printer will not work with my computer and WORD has been acting weird. I have read up on this virus and it sounds like a pain to remove and a real risk to the security of my computer. I don't know if a reformat is the best option to resolve my problem, if it is though, I'm not sure how to back up my data on my hardrive because I am scared to connect my external hardrives to my computer in fear of infecting them too, assuming that they are not already infected. Plus I don't know if any of the files I want to keep are infected. I am completely lost in what to do and I am scared my computer is going to crash and I will lose all my files for school and other important things. I have ran many different antivirus programs and nothing can find this virus. I ran MBAM HJT, and DDS. I have attached these logs. PLEASE help me resolve this problem!!!

Thanks

PS- Can these viruses be spread to my roommates computers over our network???

Attached Files

Edited by Wonderbread0013, 15 February 2009 - 11:22 PM.

Advertisements