Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Intermittent Copy and Paste Failure

• Please log in to reply

PhilipW97

PhilipW97

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi,

I have recently started to have intermittent problems with Copy and Paste not working between programmes. For instance, if I draft something in Word 2007 and then try to copy into my e-mail (Fastmail.fm) or if I copy something from a web page and try to past into Word it won't work. I normally use the keyboard short cuts, but it doesn't work using the mouse or menu commands either.

Rebooting fixes it sometimes, but not always and now it is happening within programmes as well. I have just tried to copy something in Word with the clip board window open and nothing happens; the clip board shows as empty.

I have Kaspersky running all the time, have Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad=Aware running once a week and Windows Defender running in the background. I have just run MBAM and it came up clean, so I don't think it is a Malware issue.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Sounds like your security programs are causing it

I would remove Spybot and Ad-Aware as you more than likely have their real-time protection programs running which can cause a conflict.

Instead just use MBAM

If the problem remains, then Kaspersky could be causing it as its a resource hog.

PhilipW97

PhilipW97

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Thanks Rorschach112,

I took Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D off yesterday and haven't had a copy and paste problem since. I delayed responding until now to give it a fair trial! :)

Many thanks not only for the quick response, but also the effectiveness of your suggestion. :)

Philip