Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network, Internet Sharing Question

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
How do I configure smoothwall to show a webpage when a new user (by mac id) wants to access the internet, So they have to click agree before they are let on? I just want it so people who may use my connection understand on why somethings happen while browsing, like downloads are blocked unless you have an override account and so on. And then after 48hrs for the person they are booted and have to "re-auth" their computer.

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
so any ideas?

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
I think the technology you are looking for is called a Captive Portal.

http://en.wikipedia..../Captive_portal

I know very little about it other than the above as I have not needed to use it. Just came across it here and there.