Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD: 0x7e, 0x50

• Please log in to reply

julesh

julesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
OK, I'll definitely do that. Since my memory was factory installed, I got to checking and I have 2 512 mb sticks. I'm thinking I should just go ahead and upgrade my memory, and buy 2 1GB sticks.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You may, but...
1. XP is perfectly happy with 1GB.
2. Since you discovered, you have two RAM sticks, until you got new RAM, you may try to run the computer with ONE stick at a time, and see, if BSODs will happen again.

julesh

julesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

You may, but...
1. XP is perfectly happy with 1GB.
2. Since you discovered, you have two RAM sticks, until you got new RAM, you may try to run the computer with ONE stick at a time, and see, if BSODs will happen again.

Just a quick update. The culprit was a faulty RAM stick. The computer has run fine on one RAM stick. Just rcvd the new sticks via FedEx today and will get those changed out later. So, issue resolved. However, I wanted to add that Memtest86 immediately picked up on the faulty RAM, when Windiag did not. So, thumbs up from me to Memtest86. :)

Broni, thank you so much for your help!! You were right on with your diagnosis and advice. :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Very well :)