Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Lags after starting up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

opticalmedia1

opticalmedia1

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Here is step by step of what I can remember when I attemped to fix my friends laptop. I disable wireless internet and his antivirus and firewall. I then loaded on to his computer by means of a usb stick all the software needed to clean up his messy laptop. the programs i gave him are: Uniblue registry booster, Uniblue spyware eraser, Uniblue speed up my pc, Tune-up utilities 2008, Avast 4.8 professional, ccleaner, atf cleaner, Cleanup, malware bytes 1.33,ERUNT and the kapersky virus removal tool. The order I ran the clean up was as follows:

1.tune up utilities deactivated unnessary startup programs and applied one click maintenance. I then repaired registry errors. Restarted the computer. Everything seems fine.

2.I saved a sytem restore point and backuped up my registry using ERUNT.

3.I then ran atf cleaner, Cleanup!(425), and ccleaner followed by a restart. computer started and when it go to the log on screen the mouse(touchpad kind) ran very laggish! and i could not type my password in.

4. I rebooted in safemode and computer ran smooth. I deactivated the log on account that prompts for a password and rebooted loading windows normally which worked everything seemed fine.

5. I then ran the Kapersky virus removal tool and malwarebytes together after which i removed all threats.

6. i then ran spyeraser, and registry booster and restarted the computer on the have windows load normally but super slow and laggish with the pointer not moving at all most of the time.

7. i have rebooted in safemode and the computer works fine. Im sure this is somekind of conflict with software but i cant figure it out.

Any ideas or help apprciated!

Advertisements