Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD LCD as monitor - audio out of sync

• Please log in to reply

hypnoticstate

hypnoticstate

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi all. I've just bought myself a DVI-to-HDMI cable so that i can use my HD ready TV to watch films on (also bought an internal Blu-ray player for the PC to do this with). I connected the TV up with my pc today just to test it out and was messing about with the dual monitor setup. I then played a 720p quicktime file (Harry Potter HBP trailer if you must know ) to see what it looked like in HD on the TV screen.

It looks awesome but the audio is slightly out of sync with the video.

The audio comes from the 5.1 PC speakers. When i play the file while viewing it on the left screen (the pc monitor, the TV is on the right) the audio is in sync. Only when the video shows on the TV is the audio out of sync.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Advertisements

hypnoticstate

hypnoticstate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Think i've fixed this actually. If anyone has the same problem, go in to your "sound" settings in control panel and make sure non of the "enhancements" are checked on.

Edited by hypnoticstate, 18 February 2009 - 12:44 PM.