Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell tower beeps 3 times

• Please log in to reply

lilhellyan76

lilhellyan76

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi, to begin with. one day my computer was goin to the dell welcome screen and it would go on and off back to the same screen over and over. then the next day..... it said to strike f1 or f2 for set up. it would not do nothing else. then.. the next day... when i would try to turn it on it would not come on by the button... i had to unplug and replug it in.. and it would beep 3 times. the last beep is short... and it goes off. the computer stays on about 4 seconds. can anyone try and help me? Thanks!:)

Advertisements

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Your motherboard manual should explain what the various beep sequences are telling you.

If you don't have the manual, Google their website

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
So two long beeps, one short? Hang on, I'll check

EDIT: wait, when does this happen?

Edited by mkau, 18 February 2009 - 06:33 PM.

lilhellyan76

lilhellyan76

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. it happens when i turn on the computer. ..i talked to dell support today and then after i done everything they told me to do ... now i have different beeps.. now i have 6 beeps. they seem all the same. but a pause after the 3rd one. :) now the computer stays on.. but nothing is on the screen. heck idk. lol please let me know if u know anything . thanks:)