Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Sidebar crash problem

• Please log in to reply

ngaymoi200808

ngaymoi200808

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So I'm new to Vista, just upgraded from Windows XP Professional 32bit to Windows Vista Business 64bit.

So my Windows Sidebar was working fine until I tried to add one of the windows Gadgets (Calendar). Suddenly my Sidebar "Stopped Working"

Tried to reboot, the same thing happened right after I logged into windows.

Tried loading it from Startup Menu, same thing.

Copy pasted the spare Sidebar.exe from Windows\winsxs, same thing still happens.

Scoured the net for solutions but no one could answer.

Anyone can please help me on this? This is like the 3rd problem I've seen with Vista and I'm starting to see why people discouraged me to buy it.

Advertisements

creepysound

creepysound

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Do you have IE8 RC1 installed? If so i belive this is probably your issue. If you have IE8 RC1 installed try uninstalling that and see if your freeze problems still continue.