Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my Computer Infected?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Pixyandtacobeans

Pixyandtacobeans

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Okay so of course; I've been doing scans with AVG but im worried about Trojans. A few have been detected but im not sure if they have been completely removed. Plus im also worried that a few things might be slipping through AVG into my system.
So is there anything i can do to do a complete scan of my computer and make sure there is nothing evil lurking in there?
Thanks alot;
:)

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello Pixyandtacobeans and Welcome to GTG !

By all means , we can assist ... However this is not the forum for malware removal assistance

We are unable to give advice about malware removal and any malware removal assistance is the be done in the malware forum

I suggest you start here: http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html
Follow through step by step , saving all logs and results as they are required

Then Go to: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html
Post a new topic , and all logs and results ,please include all information possible EG: type of infections , what you have done to try to fix the issue's and any other problems..., Please forward a link to the first representitive that reponds...so they can have this post removed/closed off

If you are having trouble with any software after your computer/system is declared clean , you can PM and admin and have this topic re-opened ( at your request only... )

Thank you for your co-operation
Best Of Luck!!! ( you are in good hands there, they are good at what they do :) )
Anthony19

Edited: bad spelling / grammar :)

Edited by Anthony19, 18 February 2009 - 04:10 AM.

Pixyandtacobeans

Pixyandtacobeans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Oh thanks so much :3 I havent been on this website much so i was unsure where to go! Thanks for your help :) Wish me luck.

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello Pixyandtacobeans

NP... If you are having any other issue's after the malware removalist have finished cleaning your computer/system ask them to direct you to the correct forum , They will be more than happy to help out :)

If no issue's

Best of luck in the near future
&
Happy Computing!

Anthony19

Edited by Anthony19, 18 February 2009 - 04:14 AM.