Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Prime95 Error

• Please log in to reply

Chazz K

Chazz K

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I've been having some problems with my new Motherboard since I've gotten it. Now Everything runs fine, Windows, and a ton of games and Apps. The ONLY Thing that has been messing up on me, has been City of Heroes, and I've been trying to get help from the people at NC Soft with it. Well they suggested I get Prime95, which I ran. Upon running the program, I got this.

[Feb 18 02:51] Test 4, 5300 Lucas Lehmer iteration of M14155775 using FFT lenght 768K.
[Feb 18 02:52] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
[Feb 18 02:52] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.exe file.
[Feb 18 02:52] Torture Test ran 1 hour, 22 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Feb 18 02:52] Worker stopped.

This happened on Worker #2, Worker #1 kept going up until 05:51, when I stopped it. I tried looking up what it could mean for me but I have no honest idea. Could anyone possibly help me so I can get to the bottom of what it is and get it fixed? I Read that it might be the memory, the only problem with THAT is I switched out sticks with my Roommate, and the same Error happened, yet when he ran Prime95 on his machine he didn't get the same error.

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello Chazz K

What type of test did you run ? , the torture test ?

I suggest you start with the basic's and rule out any RAM ( Random Access Memory) problem , as it seems to me it is a hardware issue , i also suggest you read this http://www.playtool....95/prime95.html ( About Prime95 )
If you have any questions about what you may find/learn , Dont hesitate to ask :)

Run memtest, just to rule the RAM out ( for a starting point )
memtest can be found here : http://www.geekstogo...t86-file11.html

once you have downloaded i advise you to Right click on the "Read me "and click "Open With "and use microsoft word , or microsoft word viewer ( to make it esey to read )

Best of Luck !!!
Anthony19

Edited by Anthony19, 18 February 2009 - 06:44 AM.

Chazz K

Chazz K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes I ran the torture test, but as I've stated, I've switched out memory, tried one stick or the other, and my roommates memory sticks which are 100% compatible since they are the exact same type.. He gets no errors, I do, and Memtest SO far has shown 0 errors in 18 passes for -all- 4 sticks of our memory, mine and his... This problem wasn't happening until we got the new motherboard.