Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help, getting lines on my monitor

• Please log in to reply

Jason1230

Jason1230

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hiya,

I keep on getting these lines on my monitor all the time and I can't bear it any longer! I gave up trying to solve it myself and so I'm posting the problem here hoping someone would help me out.

I downloaded 'SuperAntiSpyware' not from the offical website, but from another site, the program worked fine. Then I restarted my computer and now I get these lines on my monitor all the time, but everything else seems to be working fine i.e. the computer is not slowing down, no pop-ups etc.

Here's a screenie of my desktop showing these lines:

Posted Image

I originally thought it was a virus, but my machine has been checked and is clean of malware, viruses etc. via posting it in the 'Malware Removal' part of the forum. Here's a link to it if it'll be of any help:

http://www.geekstogo...or-t227240.html

I did a reinstall of Windows XP hoping to get rid of potential malware and viruses had might have caused this and because I didn't have anything important on the computer at that time.

But it's now still there, therefore I'm pretty sure its a type of video card issue and I hope that you guys could help me out here :)

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
It looks like you loaded more than just Windows. Are the lines there when you enter the bios screen? Were they there directly after you loaded Windows?

It could be a video card problem (hardware... symptoms certainly point to it), or it could be a video driver problem via conflict with something you loaded after Windows.

I guess you need to answer the two questions above before we can go any further.

Jason1230

Jason1230

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
As soon as I turn the computer on, the lines appear, so yes there are lines when I enter the BIOS Screen and immediately after I load windows.