Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Im In The Hospital

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Websenseblues

Websenseblues

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Im on a laptop wifi in the hospital and im trying to access my poker acount on full tilt or at least stream music from my paid subscription mid you on sirius.com. However something called "Websense" has blacklisted these sites? ok maybe poker, but no sirius? Is there anything I can do to end the boredom? Thx

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
um your screwed

back when I was in highschool (3-4yrsago) they had WebSense Filtering proxy on their servers. And it detected EVERYTHING I couldn't even host my own url proxy to get through on.

Depending on how long your in for and if you have the $$$ then just as well pick up a cell phone data plan for your laptop with a USB modem (it will save countless nights of agervation on trying to get around websense)

If that doesn't work beg and plead with the Network Administrator of the hospital and see if he will be nice enough to put you on a dedicated unfiltered IP

HTH

Websenseblues

Websenseblues

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
aww cmon there's gotta be something I can do?

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

Not really, websense is web filtering software. It has been installed to do that and if the network administrator has blocked access to them sites he/she would have done that for a reason.

I would maybe suggest playing the games which are built into the computer or find something else to do.

Regards

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

I would maybe suggest playing the games which are built into the computer or find something else to do.

Don't do that unless you want to be more bored :)

And yeah. You can't really bypass Websense. Well, you could, and I could tell you, but it would get me banned from the forum :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
We here at Geeks To Go cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of the Geeks To Go site that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the [url="http://<a%20href="http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/boardrules.html"%20target="_blank">http://www.geekstogo...drules.html</a>"] TOS [/url]of this site.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin.