Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backspace turns of sound.

• Please log in to reply

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Whenever I hit backspace it turns my sound off, and when I hit it again it turns it on. This gets really irritating when I'm typing something out and I'm listening to something on the computer at the same. Any idea how to resolve this?

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Elvenwarrior2001,

Hello, it sounds like you have a shortcut assigned the the backspace key. This is typically done only with add-on programs. Did you install any new programs recently?

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I recently had the computer reformatted and it was doing it when I got it back. But it was also doing it before I had it reformatted. Any suggestions on how to change this shortcut to something less annoying or figured out which program created the key shortcut?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Elvenwarrior2001,

How long ago was the system reformatted? What is the name of all the programs that you installed? What is the make and model number of the system that we are working with?

Edited by tuxmaster, 21 February 2009 - 12:04 AM.