Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP (Home Edition)Blue Screen of Death code question

• Please log in to reply

Abbra Cadaver

Abbra Cadaver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I'm hoping someone could help me. I get the blue screen of death with the following file:
INTELC52.SYS. PAGE_FAULT_IN _NONPAGED AREA.
I get the blue screen of death as soon as I try to connect to the internet (dialup modem); everything else works fine.

This all started when I started down loading off of Limewire. I have Norton which picked up the following virus; Trojan.Brisv.Alinf.

Norton will not remove it; it gave me instructions to down load a program off of its site that would; at that time I could still connect and did. The main software would detect the virus but the program I down loaded from Norton would not detect the virus to remove it. The virus was on several temp files in Limewire. I deleted these files and emptied the recycle bin and uninstalled Limewire. This did not fix the problem. My next step was to uninstall the provider software I use to make my internet connection (PeoplePC) I did this and then reinstalled it and I still get the blue screen of death.

I had this same error on the same computer about a year ago. I had let my antivirus subscription run out. Since I could not connect to the internet I ended up taking my tower to best buy and they loaded the antivirus software and scanned the computer and said they found a virus; which fixed the problem. I do not know what virus was found or what they did to fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Abbra

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The IntelC52.sys file is a driver file for an Intel modem and it should be in
c:\windows\system32\drivers. It sounds as if it may have become corrupt and the best
thing to try first is to uninstall/reinstall the driver. Check your pc manufacturers
support site to see if they have an updated driver available, if you need help with
that we'll need to know the Make/Model of your PC. Once you have a driver on hand
you can boot to Safe mode > Device Manager and uninstall any/all drivers related to
the device, sometimes there will be more than one of the same device listed and you
never know which may be the questionable one.

Once uninstalled boot back to your normal desktop and reinstall the driver.

If you still have problems go to the malware forum and see if they can help fix your problem.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660

Abbra Cadaver

Abbra Cadaver

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'll give that a try.

Thanks