Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

carnt install setup for wireless g router & usb adapter

• Please log in to reply

djmarzy

djmarzy

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi there!

i just bought myself a belkin wireless g router & usb adapter. i put the disk into my drive and downloaded the easy install and tryed to set it up but the install hasd no text to readt so i cannot see what to press. can any 1 help or pass on another setup.

this is the setup i got with the router.
http://www.mediafire...php?mm2ymzy3vwz

thanks
luke.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by djmarzy, 18 February 2009 - 04:58 PM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hey Luke,

I'm not sure why the Belkin software isn't displaying correctly on your machine, however I can tell you that you don't need that software in order to setup your network. Please follow SpaceCowboy's Home Network Setup tutorial. I have linked you directly to the Wireless section. If you run into any issues while following his guide, please post back in this thread and we will attempt to assist you.

Thanks,
- Dan

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi dan
thanks for the reply

im upto this bit then i have the problem lol :
Click on the CONTENT button and under “Content Advisor” verify that the ENABLE button says enable and not Disable. If it says Disable, then please submit a post in the forum asking for “How do I disable content Advisor”.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
sorry dan its ok i read the instruction rong i thort i needed to disable it :)

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
No worries :)

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
thanks for the the help dan i think i done it :). il no for sure when my sis wakes up and tryes her computer out lol. u guys no everything :) i will leave another reply if it never worked but hopefully it has

thanks again for the help luke .

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Glad to hear things appear to be working :) Let me know if your sister's computer is able to connect.

Thanks,
- Dan