Outlook Express Won't Print
Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:31 PM
Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:38 PM
Before the NON-PRINTING problem ...
My PC had a system 'meltdown' which was corrected (Strange Happenings -7034s, 7024s, 20063, ZA Err but left me with the NON-PRINTING (but only in OE6 and IE7) problem.
With no response to my cry for help, here are the things I've done:
Removed and reinstalled the printer driver after downloading latest driver from EPSON - no change
Reviewed Tools-> Options in OE6 but didn't see anything about printing (which I knew before but checked anyway)
In IE7, tried to 'Restore advanced settings' (Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced (tab)) - only result was Dr Watson error
In IE7, tried to 'Reset' (Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced (tab)) - only result was that I couldn't go to any URL (in IE7) without rebooting
Is reinstalling OE6 or IE7 an option? (Fortunately I use Firefox 99% of the time and OE6 is working fine except for printing).
Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:09 AM
lets see if we can get it to work with IE
try uninstalling IE7...it will just roll back to 6
also try reinstalling OE..backup your data and address book first though
Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:14 PM
Are you sure it will rollback to IE6? Now that my 'meltdown' has been fixed, I'm leery of anything that will disrupt my system again. But I'll do it as soon as I hear from you (will search for answer in the meantime).
Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:44 PM
Neither OE nor IE7 appear in the Microsoft Add/Remove list. (Also used EasyCleaner - by ToniArts - and Add Remove Pro to see list but neither was there). Checked my C:Program Files and the programs were there ... duh - they had to be to execute)
What's my next option?
Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:52 PM
Make hidden files and hidden folders visible
1. Click Start... and then click My Documents...
2. On the Tools menu... click Folder Options...
3. Click the View tab...
4. In the Advanced settings list... under Hidden files and folders... click Show hidden files and folders...
To uninstall Internet Explorer 7... follow these steps:
1. Click Start... click Run...
2. In the Open box... type in %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe... and then click OK...
3. Follow the wizard instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 7...
verify that Internet Explorer 6 is restored...
1. Click Start... click Run...
2. In the Open box... type in iexplore... Windows Internet Explorer opens...
3. On the Help menu... click About Internet Explorer... The About Internet Explorer window opens...
4. If the Version number begins with 6... you have successfully uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 and restored Internet Explorer 6...
Edited by happyrock, 10 March 2009 - 03:17 PM.
Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:43 PM
Both IE6 and OE6 print OK
Reinstall IE7 now??
Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:16 AM
I still use 6...had way to much grief with 7...but its up to you...
Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:19 AM
I don't really use either one .... use Firefox 99% ... only use IE if:
1 - web page being 'visited needs it
2 0 I need to test the website I design to make sure it looks OK on IE
Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:45 PM
Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:37 PM
This issue is resolved but I don't know how to mark it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users