Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help! =(

• Please log in to reply

jinwoo

jinwoo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Bloodhound.W32.EP
okay some idiot gave me something called proto1.exe i dled it...it went on my desktop...nd then when i doubleclicked it...it disappeared and nothing happened
but then my Aol Instant Messenger got REALLY REALLY MESSED UP..everything else works fine except AIM
ive tried a lot of things but it never really deleted itself...my symantex anti virus found it but wont delete it...PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE in terms that a computer noob can handle (:

Edited by jinwoo, 07 May 2005 - 07:18 PM.

Advertisements

thakid

thakid

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Try an online scan for virus from panda.com or if you can tru a disk clean up it just might be that the file where it is from is still there

brillante

brillante

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: What I do (many times) to get out of trouble like that, I will just " system restore" it to some date prior to that date that you got into trouble with.. system restore is with the or thru the "Help and support section" of your or on your start menu.. that is the coward's way of doing it but I use it often ;)

thakid

thakid

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

:tazz: What I do (many times) to get out of trouble like that, I will just " system restore" it to some date prior to that date that you got into trouble with.. system restore is with the  or thru the "Help and support section" of  your or on your start menu.. that is the coward's way of doing it but I use it often  ;)

View Post

tryed it does not work alot of people on another fourm are saying to defrag but I cant do that either