Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Iexplorer.exe 100% CPU usage ! especially with Flash games and you

• Please log in to reply

Fady12345

Fady12345

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

I have a weird problem tht i cant solve .. I scanned the pc using kaspersky and adaware and nothing is found .. i guess its something more complicated

Whenever i use internet explorer 7 my pc slows down and my cpu usage just rise to 100% but tht happens often when i play a flash game like poker on facebook or when i watch a video on youtube it also happens when i use explorer Search

i checked all the topics related to tht problem .. some said its because of the pishing filter .. i disabled it and still iexplorer.exe uses a huge amount of cpu

This is my first post actually so i dont know what am required to do .. tell me what apps should i use and logs to post and i will

Thnx

Oh and Btw i dunno exactly where to post this topic so i posted it in 2 sections .. just delete the one in the wrong section ..

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

Is Firefox OK?

Fady1234

Fady1234

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
well, with no add-ons i cant play flash games or watch videos on youtube ..so the problem doesnt exist .. but still iexplorer.exe uses high cpu % though

And i tried firefox and even opera .. still got the same problem

Fady1234

Fady1234

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Am running a scan with Adaware now and noticed tht the cpu usage is 100% too .. propably thts a genral problem .. not only with flash stuff :/.... Any one else got any ideas? what about this hijack thingy :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Yep...

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Fady1234

Fady1234

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Something new came up :/ .. after finishing the scan with Adaware it displayed 14 critical errors .. most of'em are tracking cookies and a file called svchost.exe in C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe it was found as a trojant agent .. so i just clicked on delete Then while deleteing these 14 files a window appeared and a countdown of 60 secs began and after tht 60 secs the pc restarted ... it was without a taskbar at first so i restarted again and found tht the taskbar turned into the classic shape .. and there is no sound at all .. Internet explorer doesnt open at all ( so am using opera now) .. i opened the task manager .. and lots of process are missing ... but the high cpu usage thing is a little bit better now .. i opened flash applications and now the cpu usage is 80 not 100 !!!! but isnt 80 still high too? Any way is there a way to get a clean svchost.exe file? and if i just put in its directory is every thing goin to work as before?

Fady1234

Fady1234

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
OMG The CPU Usage jumped to 100% again .. it was good for like 20 minutes then got back to 100% .. what's happening ,,now i have the high cpu usage issue and the deleted svchost file .. i have no idea of what am supposed to do now .. could anyone help

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Re-read my last reply.

Fady1234

Fady1234

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
i already did the stuff tht i could do on my own and nothing changed .. so should i run hijackthis now and post the log in the malware section?
and what about the svchost.exe thing shouldnt i fix it first to fix things back the way it was then run hijackthis

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Yes, go ahead with HJT log.
svchost.exe, located in C:\WINDOWS\system32, normally is a legit Windows file, so they'll have to check it out.

Fady1234

Fady1234

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
U missed the point ... I dont have the svchost.exe in C:\WINDOWS\system32 ... adaware deleted it as a trojan O_O

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
That's why, I want you to go ahead with HJT log.

Fady1234

Fady1234

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
k Thnx : ) i will now

yepimonfire

yepimonfire

• Pip
  • 4 posts
sounds normal to me flash objects on a slower computer take tons of power i am running a dualcore 2.4ghz and it uses one of the entire cores it would probly use part of the second if it was built to run DC (meaning flash)
as for the other things using 100% that makes no sense all i know is flash uses alot

(i probably dont know what im saying just throwing this out there)

Edited by yepimonfire, 07 October 2009 - 05:00 PM.