Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs not connecting to the internet please help

• Please log in to reply

jokerhdc

jokerhdc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
about 2 weeks ago i let my cousin barrow my computer for 3 days when i got it back none of my programs that i used to use will connect to the internet such as Steam "for my games",yahoo messanger or aol messanger,limewire,bit turrent, just to name a few .. also when i got it back my internet explorer would not connect to the net then i reset the settings and it works just fine now but other programs do not and i have tryed with my windows firewall on and off and like i said befor he barrowed it i was able to play all my games and download or update anything i wanted as well as i was able to use my messanger services please help me fix this issue

im useing a toshiba satellite a215 with windows vista if that helps any thanks for your time guys and girls

Edited by jokerhdc, 21 February 2009 - 04:38 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

jokerhdc

jokerhdc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i tryed this im thinking he deleted something wrong or that he did somthing there is nothing in malware that helped at all i hope someone can help me if nothing else please help me do a format to my hard drive or tell me what i should do next i have been staring at this forum all day hopeing for a fix to my problem ... i dont know what to try next