Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ati2dvag error! (Neverwinter nights 2, and other high graphic game

• Please log in to reply

damican

damican

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, lil background

New custom built pc, never have had any problems with it. Have owned it for about 6 months.

I installed the new neverwinter nights 2 expansion, Storm of the Zehir, and when I started playing my PC simply shut off. I had to disconnect power to turn it back on. This happens every time. I've tried reinstalling, updating drivers, and blowing my PC out with a dust remover. This problem happened when I played Dungeons and Dragons online as well, but this time it gave me a blue screen telling me ati2dvag was stuck in an infinite loop.

I have a Raedon x1950 pro. I can provide any other information needed. Sorry if this isnt the right forum as well!

edit: This doesnt happen when not playing games, nor if I play an older game like warcraft 3, bauldars gate 2, icewind dale 2, etc.

Edited by damican, 21 February 2009 - 12:24 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
This is not an issue with your computer, but more of an issue with the game. If you haven't yet, I would update your video drivers.

damican

damican

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This happens with ANY high graphic video game I play.

I've updated drives, and even recently tried omegas drivers.

WoW, NWN2, Dungeon dragon online ones its happen on so far.

Edited by damican, 21 February 2009 - 08:30 PM.

damican

damican

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
for some reason this problemw ent away for a couple of days... And now came back.

I changed nothing in this time though.

/sigh