Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can Super Anti-Spyware work with Spybot

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi,

I currently have changed to AVG, Malwarebytes, and Super Anti-Spyware for my security. I used to use SpybotSD and Ad-Aware. Can I use Spybot with superanti-spyware? I really like how spybot watches the registry and all.

Also, what I'm confused on is, do they both run real time protection or do I just not have spybot run its real time in ...can I do that? Is that the "Immunize" part of spybot?

Just seeing what the best way is.

Do I just use Super Anti and not add anything else?

I hope you see what I'm getting at...thanks,

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Spybot:
The Resident TeaTimer is a tool of Spybot-S&D which perpetually monitors the processes called/initiated. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options, how to deal with this process in the future. You can set TeaTimer to:

* be informed, when the process tries to start again
* automatically kill the process
* or generally allow the process to run

So this is something that is an "active" monitor program. It, however, is not providing actual malware protection. Spybot search and destroy is a passive scanning program.

Personally, if you going to go with something like Super, then I wouldn't use tea timer. You can install Spybot without tea timer.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Ok thanks,

So, how do I install it without tea timer? Do I do that by selecting custom install instead of standard install or something? Is tea timer the same thing as "Immunize" function?

If not, should I still should do the immunize thing then?

Thanks,

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Do I do that by selecting custom install instead of standard install

Exactly, or you can also simply disable it: http://www.malwarehe...t-teatimer.html

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Ok thanks,

So what I'm going to have on my computers is AVG, Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, and SpybotSD without the teatimer.

That is all OK then?

Should I add anything else...or is that good.

Could I add anything else?

Thanks,

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're good to go.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Thanks Everyone! for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 time :)