Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti-Virus-1

• Please log in to reply

Flakko

Flakko

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Ive think i got an infection or something this program Anti-Virus-1 keeps poppin up telling me that i have a privacy violation alert that a program keeps secretly sending privacy data, that my computer may crash and blah blah,i dont know to believe it or not but i think its fake, and i would really like help to see what i should do first to remove it without harming the computer, i went to the Malware removal Forums to see if i could do it on my own, ok i followed the steps but i got stuck on the system restore point becuase i downloaded and then i extracted it and tried to run it but it said that it couldnt be run to click ok to close so i got stuck and decided to post a forum to see if somone could help me becuase i dont want to continue and accidentlly harm my computer, please help :)

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Go on with the rest of the steps and post your HJT log in the malware removal forum

Flakko

Flakko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
ok thank you =]

Flakko

Flakko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
o wait which one out of these should i download?

download hijackthis installer

download hijackthis zip

download hijackthis executable?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
whatever one you want

Flakko

Flakko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
ok rite now i went ranned malware-bytes and the problem seems to be gone do i still go ahead and post hijackthis log?? and rite now im curently scaning wit my avg anti-virus program

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Its up to you really. If you think your PC is fine, then you can leave it

If you want to be 100% sure its clean, then go and post in the Malware Removal forum

Flakko

Flakko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
ok thanks well if have persist to have problems ill do the hijackthis but for now ill leave it as is... and thanks really..
you were very helpful thanks once again =]