Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleted File Recovery

• Please log in to reply

sixx jpN

sixx jpN

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello, I'm looking for a good file recovery program that's completely free/free to use. I accidentally deleted something a few days ago that I need recovered. It's a folder, and I would like to recover the entire folder if possible. I've tried a few programs (Recuva and "The Undelete"). With Recuva I was unable to find my file. With Undelete I was able to find it but couldn't recover it because I had to purchase the program to fully use it.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Edited by sixx jpN, 22 February 2009 - 04:03 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I use this program with good success. :) It does have a weird interface, but once you get used to it, it rocks.

Troy

sixx jpN

sixx jpN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks, I was able to recover a few files using the one you mentioned and another I found. Unfortunately some of the files were "overwritten," so I was unable to recover some of them.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Better than nothing at all. :)

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I know this is stating the blindingly obvious - but you HAVE looked in your recycle bin for the folder??????