Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OOps! ive pooped with partition magic

• Please log in to reply

welcome123

welcome123

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi, first of all thanks for your help.

I have a samsung q1 tablet pc, i put a new system on it, then all the extras, booted up fine but had a partition drive d, so i thought i would use partition magic to delete the d and merge it to c, emmm now the pc won't boot nor can i install a new system it comes up with errors like, file setupdd.sys could not be loaded etc, every time a different error, could anybody please help me..

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

It makes more sense to reinstall from scatch again... I think you already know this.

In any case, what I would recommend is that you download the Harddrive manufactures formatting utility and format the drive the way you want it to be.
Next, clean the Windows XP CD (be gentle)
Next, remove and reseat your ram.
Install Windows

From google searches, errors with setupdd.sys, have been remedied with reseating ram. It makes sense as windows will create a ramdisk when it installs.

If you need assistance doing any of the above, let me know.

Edited by makai, 22 February 2009 - 05:59 PM.

welcome123

welcome123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi mate,
thanks for your reply,
the errors im getting are when i try to do a clean install, i will download the Hardrive manufactures formatting utility and give it a go, i will let you know either way how it goes.

Regards and Respect,
Johnny