Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel 03 workbook size

• Please log in to reply

jshellen

jshellen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I was given an Excel workbook containing 3 worksheets. The first worksheet is large - 171 columns and 732 rows - with many formulas and text. The other two worksheets are small. According to the person who asked me to review this workbook its size was always under 1 meg. Now the size is 4 megs. This person wants to know why the size increased.
I am looking for any suggestions as to why this workbook would increase in size to this extent. I looked for any duplication - did not see any.

Thank you,

jshellen

Advertisements

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Seems awfully big, for what it is.

I've got a financial model with over 80 sheets, hundreds of charts, fully macro driven which is only 6 meg.

Have you added anything to it recently, such as conditional formatting?

If you hit <end><home> where do you end up? At the end of your data or down in cell IV65536?