Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crash/Freezing

• Please log in to reply

book_werm

book_werm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

So here is a description of the things that are going on with my laptop.

This morning my laptop was working fine. Then I visited redbox's website to check out dvds and scrolled over the pictures so that the movie description window opened up. I noticed that as the movie description opened up something funny happened with my dock which I keep hidden...it flickered and acted like it was trying to open up even though my cursor was nowhere near it.

after that i shut down my laptop and a little while later powered back up. everything seemed to be fine but when the main desktop opened up the enter key on my touchpad and on the main keyboard wasn't working even though i could move the cursor with the touchpad.

i am clueless as to how to fix it....i shut down and restarted several times and one time there was a funny whirr like a jet engine powering up that lasted about a second.

can anyone advise?

thanks,
bookworm

Advertisements