Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel

• Please log in to reply

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I was wondering if anyone was really good in excel and can give me some pointers in making a spread sheet that will be used everyday in the school i work at.

I have kids come to my classroom everyday and I input them into word. The only problem with word is its hard to grab data from them.

Thanks,

:)

Excal

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Seems a strange request, Excal. What are you trying to do?

Excal

Excal

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I work in a behavioral school. My room is considered the "timeout" room. WHen they come into my room, I have to enter them into my computer. There is no program or anything, I just put them generically into word. WHat I am looking to do is to use excel to enter them.

From my understanding I can make a template in it. Like list all the kids names in the school (only like 100), their offense for coming down there (like assault on staff, assault on student, needed a T.O.), Counselors name, time entered, time released and their are a few more, don't have the sheet in front of me. WHen the students enter my room, the counselors fill out the sheet with all the required info.

I want to be able to get info when asked. Like how many time has dsenette been down in the time out room. Whats the leading offense for coming down. which counsler puts the most kids in there.

make sense?

:)

Excal

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I think some sort of database program like Access would be a better idea if you want to do look-ups like that.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I agree with Neil Jones here, although if needed Excel -can- do the job. (nicely I might add)
Just let me know (which program and which version, 03 or 07?) and I'll poke around with either program Excal :)

Regards,
Olrik

Edited by Artellos, 23 February 2009 - 02:29 AM.

Excal

Excal

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
at work it is Excel 03. I do have access 03 loaded on here.

Thanks,

Excal

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I sent the excel sheet by PM due to privacy reasons :)

Regards,
Olrik