Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msconfig

• Please log in to reply

rockwell1

rockwell1

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have tried to go into my 'msconig' function however i receive this error message "WINDOWS CANNOT FIND 'MSCONFIG' Has anyone experienced this problem before and how may I fix it?

Also I have been having something crazy going on with my mouse. It seems to click on its on. Opening up files, links or whatever function I may be doing at that moment. Any ideas on what this may be the result of?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

It seems to click on its on

Say again?

sync0s

sync0s

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
as for ur 2nd issue.. my mom had the same problem before and found it was a bad keyboard, try swapping your mouse and keyboard one by one and eliminate the problem

rockwell1

rockwell1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
In regards to the second issue I guess I should have stated that I have a Dell laptop. And for some reason my mouse has a tendacy to have a mind of its own. It would click by itself without any effort on my side.

And in regards to the first issue I can not seem to log into my "msconfig' function.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
As for your mouse, try another one. I just had to replace my mouse, which was double clicking for me, when I clicked once.

As for the other issue....
Open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to:
C:\Windows\System32
Is msconfig.exe present there?

rockwell1

rockwell1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I checked and my "msconfig.exe" is not showing up. Any ideas? On why and how to fix it?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Unzip attached file, and paste it into C:\Windows\System32 folder

Attached Files